As you may be aware autumn is my favourite month. They leaves brown, the nights darken and the air gets cooler. I would love to share my favourite recipe with you. As for people liking them it has been my most successful. I like to call them tea biscuits as they pair very well with a warm cup of tea. I also don’t know what else to call them. They are almost like short break but no quite there yet.
- 350g Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 TSP Ground Ginger
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Bicarbonate Soda
- 125g Soft Butter (Diced)
- 150g Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 Medium Egg
- Grease or line 1-2 trays as well as pre-heating the oven to 180°
- Gently rub the butter into the flour, Bicarbonate Soda and spices using only your finger tips. Continue ’til it looks like bread crumbs.
- Then stir in the golden syrup, egg and brown sugar.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 5mm. Cut out shapes with your cutters.
- Place the uncooked biscuits on the tray and put them in the oven.
- Cook for 9-10 minutes